µmol/l (Factor: 0.0079)
- Iodine load after administration of contrast media
- Diagnostic assessment of struma
- Therapy control
- Monitoring of iodine intake
- Iodine poisoning due to medicine or antisepts
- Breathing difficulties and conjunctivitis when inhaling
- Pain in the lower abdomen, vomiting, diarrhoea upon increased intake
With chronic exposure:
- Dermatitis (skin contact), damage of the thyroid gland, excessive irritation of the nasal mucosa
Evaluation of iodine more…
- Evaluation of iodine intake.
- Most of iodine is bound in the thyroid gland.
- In case of increased or decreased iodine values, the potential cause must be evaluated.